What is POP Club?
In 2017, the Loudoun Valley HomeGrown markets will again offer the Power of Produce (POP) Kids Club at each of their markets. The program engages kids at the market. POP Club members receive purchasing power that allows them to make their own food choices from the wide array of fresh, vendor grown produce.
Here are the details on this exciting adventure!
- Specially designed for and open to kids ages 2-12.
- No cost to participate.
- Program includes POP club pin, POP Passport, and weekly $2 market token.
Each week of the club, we’ll have a special POP table set up. Once a child comes to the tent and joins (parent or guardian permission/signature required), they will:
- Have a chance to be part of the “two bite” club by sampling the days fruit and/or vegetables
- A special POP Club logo badge pin (one per club member).
- The chance to earn a $2 token by finding our Market Mascot and completing an activity. The voucher can be used to purchase fruit, vegetables or food-bearing plants. (Tokens can be saved and spent at a future market for a larger purchase.)
The POP table is where club members come each market of the program for their $2 token and mark on their POP Passport. Kids can join the club anytime during the market season.
Stay tuned for dates and locations for the 2017 POP Club!
Based on a format established by the Oregon City Farmers Market, the Power of Produce initiative seeks to develop the next generation of healthy eaters. Help your kids get hands on with good food choices this summer.
Become a POP Sponsor and help support the next generation of healthy eaters.
Contact Outreach Coordinator Mary Haskins at email@example.com or speak to a market manager at any of our 5 summer markets.