- ManageMyMarket online application for LVHMC markets — Use this link to apply to sell at any of our markets.
- LVHMC member application [PDF] — Required if you sell at any of our markets.
- IRS W-9 Form [PDF] — A W-9 is required before you sell at any of our markets.
- Craft Application for Leesburg Winter Market 2014 [PDF]
- Weights and Weather Policy
- Rule Violations and Penalties Policy
- Vendor Complaint Procedure Policy
- Association Bylaws [PDF]
- VDACS Resources regarding starting a food business
- VDACS Regulations regarding Dog Treats
LVHMC Producer Only Requirements:
1. The Producer must raise, grow, produce, catch or make from scratch everything they sell at the LVHMC Markets. The term “Producer” includes the Primary Applicant’s family and employees when they are directly involved in the methods of production. A “Producer” may be a sole-proprietorship, a partnership, or a corporation and shall include family members and employees who assist in the production and/or sales/marketing of the farm products and as such agrees to provide appropriate pertinent documentation to establish compliance with ‘Producer-Only’ requirement. Producers may not sell items on behalf of, or bought from, any other farm or supplier. Contract farming is NOT allowed in the LVHMC markets. The Producer must be the primary person responsible for all crops/livestock raised on all properties.
2. I understand and give permission for a representative of the Cooperative to visit my farm or production facility to verify my Producer’s Certificate. I understand that this representative may also visit in response to a written complaint to the Cooperative. I also understand that all inspections will be conducted within normal business hours and that I will be given 24-hours notice.
3. I understand that my farm or place of business must be located within a 125-mile radius of Leesburg, Virginia in order to participate in the Markets.
Acceptable Homegrown Products
4. Farm products: I am permitted to bring homegrown products including vegetables, fruits, herbs, honey, mushrooms, flowers, bedding plants, and nursery stock. Honey vendors must own the hives from which their honey is produced and these hives must be located within a 125-mile radius of Leesburg, VA. Honey may be processed by someone other than the Vendor.
5. Baked goods*, jams, jellies, etc.: I am permitted to sell baked goods, jams, jellies, and some other value-added foods within the rules and regulations of the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. I understand that I must provide a copy of the inspection certificate from the Food Inspection Section of VDACS, if my business is in Virginia, or from a comparable State inspection Agency of the state in which my business is located. I understand that I must comply with the laws of the County of Loudoun as to the need for a business license. *Baked goods are defined by the “scratch rule”. I must have mixed, baked, finished and packaged all items for sale; repackaging of commercially prepared products is prohibited.
6. Bottled wine: If I am selling bottled wine, I understand that I must obtain a business license and the required remote license from the ABC authorities. I understand that the Loudoun Farmers Markets are an ABC Off location.
7. As an LVHMC Meat Producer, I understand that I am permitted to sell eggs, seafood, fresh, frozen and smoked meats provided that I meet the requirements of the Food Inspection Section of the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. All of my beef, lamb, goat, hog and poultry sold at LVHMC Markets are raised on my own farm or leased properties and I am directly responsible for their care. I understand that LVHMC does not allow contract farming. I understand that the minimum times for purchased animals to be raised on my farm are: Beef – 7 months, Lambs – 4 months, Goats – 6 months and Hogs – 4 months. . I understand the maximum weight an animal may be purchased is: Beef – 700 lbs., Lambs – 60 lbs., Goats – 60 lbs., and Hogs – 100 lbs. I understand that my Poultry may be raised from chicks that are purchased at two weeks of age or less, and my Laying hens may be bought as pullets. Any other breed of animal must be pre-approved by the LVHMC Board of Directors before being offered for sale. I may cook and give away samples of my products but selling of products cooked at the market must be approved by the Board. I understand that if I purchase animals for processing, I must send notification of the purchase to LVHMC (Market Coordinator) within 10 days of the transaction along with identification numbers and purchased weights. Vendors are required to keep records of animals born on their farm, animals purchased, tag numbers, invoices, processing dates and should be able to show tracking of their animals from birth/purchase through processing and these records must be available for inspection. Failure to produce these records will result in suspension from the LVHMC Markets. I agree to sell only products that I, and/or my immediate family have produced on my property and/or property I lease which have been processed in a VA or USDA inspected facility (home processing of poultry is allowed following VDACS regulations). If 1000 or more day-old-poultry are purchased and processed on farm, a copy of the VDACS on-farm poultry processing permit must be attached to the Market application.
8. Craft items: I am permitted to sell craft items of an agricultural nature (e.g., herbal wreaths, pepper strings, beeswax candles) provided that the items are grown and fashioned by me. Flea market items are not permitted. LVHMC retains the right to control the type of craft items being sold at its Markets.
9. I will furnish my own tables, chairs, legal inspected scales for weighing, and other display arrangements. I understand that goods may be sold directly from the back of my truck. I understand that my truck and set-up must fit within my assigned space and may not encroach on adjoining spaces.
10. I am permitted only one vehicle per space assigned to me by the Cooperative. I understand that I will be assigned a single market space. Exceptions may be made by the Board of Directors on a case by case basis.
11. I understand that I must remain in my assigned market space when selling my products and that I must conduct my sales in an orderly business manner. I understand that shouting and other objectionable means of soliciting trade are prohibited. I understand that radios are not to be played during market hours. Business must be conducted from inside the vendor’s own space. No vendor may solicit customers outside their assigned space.
12. I understand that shoes and attire appropriate to a food market are required while selling at the Markets. No smoking is permitted in the Market area or within 25 feet of the Market area.
13. I understand that I must have a sign that identifies my farm name and location prominently displayed in my space. Prices of items must be clearly displayed.
14. I understand that set-up/arrival time for the LVHMC Farmers Markets is 1 hour before the opening of the Market. If I arrive less than 15 minutes prior to the Market opening, I must check with the Market Manager to ensure safety of vendors and customers before setting up. I understand that leaving early is prohibited. If I must leave early due to an emergency I must notify the Market Manager immediately and use extra caution in my break-down to ensure the safety of the vendors and customers. I also understand that if I am unable to attend the market for any reason, I am required to notify the Market Coordinator of my absence as soon as I am able and to comply with the Attendance Requirements within this agreement.
15. I understand that “bagging” is permitted 15 minutes before the opening time of the Market. While early shopping is discouraged, all customers should be accommodated to ensure a positive experience at the LVHMC Markets.
16. I agree to stop selling at the closing time of the market, recognizing that customers already at the Market at closing time may be served. I understand that I must vacate the Market site within one hour of the closing time of the Market. I understand that I am responsible for cleaning my space after each Market, and in assisting the Market Manager in keeping the common areas clean.
17. I understand that subleasing, selling, transferring, or permitting another farmer to use my Market space is prohibited.
18. I understand that I may not bring a dog to the market.
19. I understand that all children of vendors must be properly supervised by their parent or guardian at all times.
20. I understand that I may only sell items listed on my application. I will submit an amended application page for LVHMC Board approval before bringing any new items to Market.